Friday, October 10, 2008

Jon Stocco finally graduated?

Guys,
Those were both totally awesome observations... compared to bullshit! Camp Randall is so overrated its not even funny. "Oooh look at us, we wear red, we jump mildly for a pre-determined period of time during a quarter break." Give it a rest.
The problem lies in what actually happened to Wisconsin following these two losses they just had. Losses like that should crush a team leaving them lifeless. However, the Big Dogs are in town for a night game. If that doesn't get you going nothing will. So again I think you'll see a fired up team and stadium until Penn State goes up a couple scores.
As for the play calling, I think I've been watching Penn State football for too long because I agree with playing this one conservative. I feel we are a superior football team and can still walk away with a good victory on the road not taking too many chances. I don't think its time yet to run the annexation of Puerto Rico. Stick to the run, pass in passing situations, win the battle for field position. Yes we have weapons, yes we have some good plays, but you don't go all in on your first hand. Let's let the rest of the country wonder for a couple more weeks what we can actually do.
As for Wisconsin, they have always been a somewhat balanced team. But we saw what happened last year when Beckum was unavailable, passing game went away, and Peter Chalfin walked away with more Christmas presents last year than P.J. Hill did rushing yards. If the Penn State secondary can cut the pass off early with a little help from the pass rush, the defense stops the Badgers all day.
Which brings me to my next point. I'm really glad you guys didn't mention this player, this way I look really smart when I say it... Aaron Maybin is the MVP so far this year. This kid is KILLING it. He is a phenomenal athlete that no corn-fed Wisconsin farm boy is prepared to handle. Seven sack on the year already and no one talks about him because he hasn't gotten arrested. Absolutely outstanding. He is one of those players I will single out on a play and watch. I haven't done that since Puz.
A small wish: If you recall, Wisconsin coach Brett Bielema (excuse the spelling) picked out a flaw in the kick coverage rule a few years ago and ran out the clock before the half. Smart move on his part but my beef was our return men took really hard shots as a result. So, we bring back Chris Bell for one game, line him up at gunner, he cheap shots their punt returner, and we tell the judge it was community service hours. Win-Win-Win. P.S. Bielema is a douche.
So predictions: Penn State wins a good defensive game on the road all while looking stellar in the all Whites under the lights. Big rushing game PSU 17- Wisconsin 6.
As for upsets: Nothing really stands out at me. Oklahoma State is always good for a big upset every season, but not this week. I will go for the Huskers because deep down I know how much Texas Tech sucks. I'm also keeping an eye on that New Mexico-BYU game for pretty much the same reason. That's the problem with these jabronie teams, they suck, so they can lose to bad teams and you never see it coming.
On crusade boys, on crusade...

1 Comment:

Peter Lawrence said...

awesome title. so true