Saturday, November 15, 2008

Devastating

Last night, I wasted about 30 minutes of my time writing my longest post of the year about how crushing the loss to Iowa was, only to lose the entire thing when my internet cut out. It was almost as upsetting and frustrating as the game itself. But not quite. I think the silence on this blog over the past week speaks for itself.

I simply don't have the energy to write it all again. In fact, I think if I spend any more time thinking about that game, I may develop an aneurism in my brain. So, all I will say, is that there are no excuses for that loss. Penn State had every reason to come to play and be motivated, and no reason to look ahead, and they still managed to lose the game. They even had a number of breaks go their way and still could not take advantage. They had a golden opportunity for an unbeaten season and they blew it. No excuses.

Obviously it was upsetting that they lost, but the bottom line is they lost the game themselves. If they had lost on a bad call or a fluke play, then I really would have been upset. But they could have and should have won that game, and they didn't. It happens. So they will not be going to the national championship this year, and they don't deserve to. I can feel that aneurism coming on right about now, so I'm going to stop.

In regards to the game today: Penn State should win big. In 99 after they lost to Minnesota, they collapsed and dropped the last two. In 05 after losing to Michigan, they responded with their most dominant performance of season, crushing Illinois 63-10. Hopefully this team is more like the 05 squad than the 99 team. I guess we will find out today.

0 Comments: