Thursday, December 11, 2008

Devlin to transfer, miss Rose Bowl

I was not shocked when this story broke last night. Devlin came to PSU as one of the most prolific high school quarterbacks in PA history and was beat out by Clark. His lack of playing time must've really ate on him. I wonder where he is going to transfer. He would have to sit out an entire year if he goes to another D1 school. I think Devlin is a very talented QB and it would not surprise me if he puts up huge numbers at his new school and gets drafted. I hope Clark stays healthy during the Rose Bowl!!!

6 Comments:

Rudolf Hersh said...

Is he really going to miss the Rose Bowl? I thought he was going to be there still. Definitely going 1-AA though where he will put up godlike numbers undoubtedly.

Brian Hottel said...

According to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

Devlin, a redshirt sophomore, will not be with the Nittany Lions when they face Southern California in the Rose Bowl New Year's Day.

Peter Lawrence said...

That's going to hurt us a lot more than you would think. I think that changes our entire offensive game-plan. Coaches won't let Clark run as much knowing that if he gets hurt Devlin is no longer around to back him up. That takes away a key component to our offense if they do that. I hope they don't but it wouldn't surprise me. I am surprised by this move. Seems late to be doing it, and it doesn't help him much. Wouldn't you rather start for one year at Penn State than for two years at Delaware?

Rudolf Hersh said...

With the recent success of players like Flacco, Thigpen, and others that excelled at the 1-AA level, it may give him a better shot at the NFL

Peter Lawrence said...

I'll give you a better shot at the NFL (said in threatening tone).

Ratatat said...

Post Gazette thinks he is actually going to Delaware. And I would play for 2 years over 1 year. Playing is playing. And from looking at Flacco, you cant blame him. Also, who says he will play that 1 year, though it would seem likely.