Friday, April 24, 2009

OVERRATED PLAYERS

MATTHEW STAFFORD: He has all the physical tools you look for in quarterback, and I’ve heard a million times that he “can make all the throws.” But so could Kyle Boller. I think Stafford is a great prospect, but I don’t think he is worth the first overall pick.

My main argument against Stafford is that to me, in a quarterback, you need a leader and a winner. Georgia is loaded with talent year in and year out. They were the preseason number one last year. If Stafford was a great leader and a winner, they would have done much more last year. At quarterback, you need a winner. Someone to lead the team to victory in crunch time. Stafford has not shown he is that guy.

JEREMY MACLIN: He was very productive in Missouri’s wide-open offense, but I don’t think he projects well to the NFL. I agree with Rudy’s assessment. He’s an explosive guy, but he’s not an NFL #1. He won’t be anything more than a deep threat in the NFL.

JOSH FREEMAN: The only reason he is even being mentioned as a first rounder is because of how big the drop-off is after him. But this guy is not going to be an NFL starting quarterback in my opinion. His mechanics are not even close to where they need to be. I don’t see him being successful in the NFL, and if a team takes him in the top two rounds, they are making a mistake.

DERRICK WILLIAMS: See my write-up in earlier post.

MICHAEL OHER: Too inconsistent to be a top 10 pick.

AARON MAYBIN: See write-up in earlier post. Not proven enough to warrant a top 15 pick.

0 Comments: