Friday, September 24, 2010

Temple

I think Temple is coming into this game confident they have a good shot to win it. Temple is MUCH better than they have been. That's because they have always been lousy. Now they are finally decent. While I do think they have a shot to win this game, I just don't think they match up very well against Penn State.

Temple's strength is their running back. And traditionally, as long as your name is not Trent Richardson, Penn State is pretty stout at defending the run. So I think Temple will have a hard time putting points on the board.

But I do think Temple will come in with a lot of energy and a lot of confidence. If the ball bounces their way a few times, you never know what could happen. Their head coach, offensive and defensive coordinators all played for Joe. Let's face it, Joe can be very predictable, so that is something to worry about. Although this year so far, Penn State has not been its old predictable self (Starting a true frosh QB, playcalling against Alabama). So you never know.

I'm excited to see a good test for the team. We should learn a lot about them tomorrow. Penn State needs to establish a ground game in this one. I say they win, but not a blowout.

0 Comments: