Saturday, November 27, 2010

Spartans

The Penn State Michigan State game always seems to be a fun one to watch. It's usually high scoring with a lot of excitement, and I expect today's game to be no different. I see both teams putting up 25+ points, and I'll take Penn State in a close one.

Also, I know there was a lot of news going around about Joe returning next year. People need to realize the context in which that came out. It was not a prepared announcement or anything along those lines. It was just a casual statement at his weekly press release. They asked him if this was going to be his last game at Beaver Stadium, and he said no because he'd be back next year. That question gets asked all the time, and he always responds by saying he has no plans on retiring any time soon. What else is he going to say? Of course he's going to say he plans on being back next year. He's not going to announce his retirement at his weekly press conference before the michigan state game. I'm not saying to completely disregard it, but the media made way too much of something I don't think they should have.

I support Joe Paterno, but it's clear his health is not what it used to be. I think it's time. But as we all know, it only matters what he thinks. That remains to be seen, but I don't think we can completely ignore the possibility that this is Joe's last game at Beaver Stadium.

0 Comments: