Friday, October 3, 2008

Boiler-fakers

Are you guys kidding me? Solid Team? Very good offense? Road trap? Purdue sucks. They're choke artists. They always have been. Have you guys been watching both these teams this year? They don't belong on the same field as us. I agree to the slow start mainly because it's tough to get excited about being in Indiana at 11 in the morning. So a close first half maybe. Penn State blows them away though. The score when the Penn State first teamers leave the field will be 59-14. Purdue may tack on a late one when we put in the State College High crew.
Curtis Painter will wake up bruised and wishing he was born a woman after at least 5 hard sacks. At least 2 by Mo Evans. Three picks by the Penn State secondary. I would like to see Clark run the ball more this week though. Not because we need him too but because I enjoy watching it. You will find a slightly rowdy yet under filled arena that remains vocal until Penn State goes up two scores then it will be quieter than a woman's basketball game.

I would like to take this time to point out this will be Penn State's last contest against Joe Tiller. I have always liked him as a coach. His players are disciplined and he has run a good program. I usually dislike everyone not associated with Penn State but only a select few such as Tiller, Kirk Ferentz, and Barry Alvarez have always sat well with me. Tiller is an all around class act and the Big Ten is worse off without him.

Big win for the Lions but I do worry about the players hearing too much of how good they are.

On to upsets: Alot of people are talking them this weekend but I can only find one that agrees with me. It seems UK over Bama is a big one and I have been burned by not picking the Cats in the past but I feel Nick Saban is too strong of a coach for that. I don't buy the Huskers. Colorado Buffaloes athletic trainer Corey "All Day" Gildea has assured me that the Buffs stand no chance against UT and I believe him. So my one and only upset special this week is Kansas State over Texas Tech. Neither of them have played anyone worth anything but Kansas State is at home and should be pumped to take out and undefeated and top ten team with a Heisman hopeful at quarterback. While we're on the subject I'd like to take this time to challenge the rest of the bloggers to make upset picks that actually matter. Maryland over Clemson? Let me check my give-a-shit meter... Still on zero.

p.s. Peter, it was so nice to get to hang out with you so much while you were an hour away. Good times.

1 Comment:

Peter Lawrence said...

Ouch Drew- couple of low blows there. I too am upset we did not hang out during my brief stay in New England. However, I should be back for a week or two around the time of that holiday your people have in late December.

Also, Clemson came into this season as a top 10 pick. And, I know you are big on movie quotes, but the truth is that traditionally, crabcakes have been much more of "what Maryland does" than football. So I think that was a decent upset.

Plus, you can't expect a major top 10 upset every week...Well, actually, maybe you can these days.