Sunday, October 12, 2008

Statement

Penn State made a statement in that game. A big one. That's a huge road win, and now I am much more confident in the team going on the road to the horse-shoe in two weeks (as I'm sure so are the players.) It is clear that PSU is the best team in the Big Ten, and the only thing that can get in their way is themselves.

The defense really exceeded my expectations in this game. Completely dominant. Wisconsin couldn't get anything going at all on offense. It looks like they are a better unit than I had thought. They completely contained the run all game, and made a few nice interceptions. (Still have no clue how Rubin's got overturned. Yet another example of anti-semitism among Big Ten referees). Drew- great call on Maybin. He had a MONSTER game. He was flying all over the field.

Michigan is terrible this year, there is no denyinig that. Penn State will be favored heavily against them as they should be. With that being said, they have defeated Penn State the last nine times the two have faced off (even in years when they were down and PSU was good). I have a giant fear/hatred/skepticism/doubt/etc. when it comes to playing Michigan instilled into my brain from years and years of defeat, and this will not change until Penn State finally beats them. (The hatred will always remain). For this moment, I can not wait. Should Penn State prevail next Saturday over the Wolverines, I can't even express the emotion I anticipate feeling. I can say, it is far far greater than anyone would expect for a win over a 2-4 team, because every Penn State fan knows that it is much more than that. Much much more.

More on Michigan to come. But for now, I will bask in the glory of an incredibly impressive road win over Wisconsin that left no doubt when it comes to this Nittany Lion team. One game at a time gentlemen. One game at a time.

0 Comments: