Friday, November 21, 2008

Run for the Roses

First of all I'd like to apologize for last weeks absence but I couldn't rightly show my face on this blog after making such a jagoff of myself in my Iowa post. Apologies all around.

For this week I'll keep it short because it's clear I don't know what I'm talking about. I think Michigan State is a very one dimensional team, and not only one dimensional but one player-one dimensional. Not only do they run the ball half the time but those runs all go to Javon Ringer. Ringer is an excellent back who will be playing on lots of Sundays but I don't see how a team can beat solid opponents with such an attack.
I think Penn State needs to keep the ball on the ground until Michigan State proves they can stop it. Even then some direct snaps and reverses should work. I think we've done well in the trenches so we need a big help from the d-backs to keep Ringer off the edge.

I would really like to see Paterno drop this whole macho we don't get cold thing. I don't understand this. Having heated benches is a 100% added advantage to your team. Penn State has top notch facilities all around and we get to the game and we skimp. It keeps your players loose and two steps faster. I mean your giving your players jackets, so why not get them the best jackets, and seeing Boone huddled between two tool boxes was just embarrassing. The same thing goes for the first few games of the year, the other teams have cooling fans and our guys don't. Guess who gets cramps in the 3rd quarter. I know this will never change under the Paterno regime but I would like it to.

I like a big game from Stephfon Green and Penn State brings home the Land Grant trophy with a 27-14 win.

If we do clinch the Rose Bowl spot I'm not sure who I would like to play. I would love to see USC get screwed out of it just to see if Will Ferrel, Nick Lachey, and Snoop Dogg go see them play in the Holiday Bowl or something. But I would enjoy more spanking them in front of said celebrities at their home stadium and watching Pete Carrol cry in his press conference afterwards that his team is still somehow better. It may also give the sporting world a look at what a class act team is and what a bunch of primadonna, cocky, pansies USC is.

Strike you gait and win...

0 Comments: