Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Daytona 500

Since there is not much to talk about regarding football, we can have a good conversation about Nascar. On Sunday, I will be attending the Great American Race in beautiful Daytona, Florida. This will be my first Nascar experience, and being that it is the Superbowl of racing my expectations regarding the atmosphere and crowd will be very high. No doubt that Beaver Stadium provides one of the greatest atmospheres in all of sports and I am hoping that Daytona can equal a Fall Saturday in State College I can still remember my first game in Beaver Stadium against Wisconsin in 2003. I was blown away by the amount of people and tailgaters. I attend about three to four Steeler games a year and no matter how crazy it is at Heinz Field it can't compare with Beaver Stadium.

Regarding the race, I am hoping to see Tony Stewart or Dale Jr. cross the finish line first. Everyone do yourself a favor on Sunday and at least turn the race on for five minutes and picture me sitting near the finish line sipping a tall cool Budweiser!


0 Comments: