Friday, September 4, 2009

Brief Season Prediction

I will keep this pretty short. I think Penn State has a good team, but not on the level of the 08 or 05 team. The strengths are obvious: Best returning QB and RB in the Big Ten on offense. Best linebackers in the Big Ten on defense, and solid defensive line. The question marks are also obvious: No experience on OL, WR, or in the secondary.

The area where Penn State truly benefits this year is their schedule. The Big Ten is the worst as I have ever seen it right now, the overall schedule is not very difficult. On top of that, PSU's two toughest opponents are both at home (Iowa and OSU). Most likely both will be night games, which only gives PSU an even greater advantage. As a result of this schedule, Penn State has a legitamite shot to run the table this year. They may be favored in each of there games all season. With that being said, I expect them to lose one game this year. I think they will beat Ohio State and Iowa at home at night, but they will find a way to drop a game to someone like Northwestern or Minnesota. Just my two cents. Lets see how it plays out, I can't wait!

0 Comments: