Friday, September 11, 2009

My Two Cents

I agree with a lot of the stuff Drew said in his post. Especially about mobile quarterbacks purposely staying in the pocket just to prove themselves as a passer. This hurts the team. Like Drew said, having a mobile quarterback in college opens up so many doors for the offense. I also know that the coaching staff really doesn't want Clark to run very much because they don't want him to get hurt since they don't have an experienced back-up. They did the same thing with Mills. Mills was a great runner, but they tried to protect him and didn't let him run any more, and that really hurt the offense.

In terms of the Akron game, there is not a whole lot to say, and the little that there is to say has already been said. O-line is not there yet, and Clark made some bad decisions. Other than that you can't take much from that game. Syracuse played well against Minnesota, so they might provide a good test, but we all know that the real season doesn't begin until Iowa, and you can't learn much about the team until they play some tough games.

Drew if you are going to bet this weekend, I'd say put your money on Notre Dame over Michigan. They are only giving like 3.5 points. I think the Irish go into the Big House and win that game by at least two touchdowns. Michigan is not very good, and they have a true freshman at quarterback. Notre Dame is not very bad, and Clausen is actually pretty good now. Take advantage of the fact that Michigan actually looked good last week. I don't think they will look good again for a while.

Also, in regards to USC OSU... not so fast my friend. I think it will be low scoring. I can't see a true freshman quarterback having much success against Ohio State's defense in the horse shoe at night in a tough environment. If he proves me wrong, I will be thoroughly impressed. I can already tell Barkley is going to be a great one, but he's so inexperienced, it will be tough. Although if anyone can prepare him for success, its Pete Carrol. On the other side, OSU doesn't have a very dominant offense either. I think points will be at a premium, but we will have to wait and see.

What is Micahel Crabtree's deal?!

0 Comments: