Friday, October 30, 2009

Cardiac Cats

I agree with most of what Rudy said. Northwestern is always a team that is kind of scary because they are usually good for at least one big upset a year. They always have a wide open spread offense that is capable of putting up points on anyone. Northwestern never matches up talent-wise with the Ohio States, Penn States and Michigans, but they beat you with great offensive schemes. I don't think this is one of their better squads this year, and I don't see them knocking off Penn State, but it's definitely not a game the Lions can look past.

Their quarterback Kafka is a gamer just like his predecessors Brett Basanez and Zak Kustok. He can make plays with his arm and his feet and is a tough competitor. I have a lot of respect for Pat Fitzgerald, I think he's a great coach. I would like to see Northwestern get a better crowd at their games. That stadium is always empty and it looks like a High School field at times.

I think Northwestern is too out-matched in this game and Penn State's defense will be able to stop the Northwestern offense. Royster should have a big game. If the Lions get a big lead, they may try and rest him so he's fresh for Ohio State next week, but they have to be careful not to count the Wildcats out after their incredible comeback last week. Keep in mind, Indiana has been playing much better this year than in recent memory, so that's a pretty impressive comeback.

I'd like to see the Lions force some more turnovers on defense. On offense, I'd like to see some more of what Beachum can do. I think the Lions win handily, but we all remember what happened the last time Penn State visited Evanston.

0 Comments: