Friday, October 16, 2009

Peter my friend, you have been watching too much Lou Holtz. What on God's green earth is prompting this? Of their four wins only only two are more than 3 points, one was Nevada and the other was by 7 over Washington that took overtime. You want that job at ESPN so bad you're willing to stoop to this? I never thought I'd see the day. And you should thank me for making such a commotion about this pick, because now I have guaranteed a Notre Dame victory. FML.

On to PSU. As the feller says, "It's time to grab your lunch pale and go to work." Time for Sean Lee to drop the headsets and buckle the chinstrap. Time for Royster to lower the shoulder and deliver the boom. And so on and so forth. And speaking of Lee with the headgear, either drop the shoulder pads or the ear piece. Nothing looks more retarded than him with the gloves on listening in on calls. Ridiculous. Anyways, I liken Lee and Bowman sitting out this game to LaDanian Tomlinson sitting out the playoffs. I don't doubt his toughness but sometimes you just have to lie to the medical staff. Gotta have those guys this weekend.

In regards to the Weber-Decker combo. I want Morris. Like Rudy said above all this kid is a gamer. If I know him at all which I don't, he is begging scrapiron to take this kid one on one all day. And if I'm scrap, I give him the chance. Screw your zones, screw your reads, screw trying to jump routes. #12 on #8. He moves you move. He takes a piss, you help. Lock. It. Down. I have no idea why but I have total faith in this kid. I think his instincts are enough to do it.

Now I'm going to pull a move I have often pulled the hate card on. It gives me no pleasure to do it but it must be said: I've just been way too busy with work to really follow whats going on. I feel unclean now. But honest to God I had to be reminded three times today that it was Friday. So please forgive me if I can't accurately analyze Minnesota. However, I was able to listen to the first half of their game against Purdue. They seem as mistake prone as us. Fumbles, interceptions, and busted plays. So as noted previously by Rudy and Pete, winning the turnover battle is huge.

Their defense is solid but they have allowed some points this year. I think our offense should be able to move the ball. But I took a small dump in my pants when I read about our defense not installing special packages for the Wildcat. This is an offense that will beat you to your knees without mercy if you let it. I honestly don't like the sound of that at all. Penn State has this belief they if they play the most disciplined zone coverage in the history of zone coverage that they will sometimes bend but never break. Marc Sanchez showed otherwise. Penn State's defense reminds me of an old school fighter in mixed martial arts. Everyone in the sport knows you need a little bit of everything, a little wrestling, a little punching, and some submission. Penn State is that guy who still thinks all he needs is boxing.

All that being said, the X's and O's can all be washed away for either side with two words and four syllables. Heated Benches. If Minnesota has them and we don't. We lose. If both teams or neither team has them, Penn State wins. They are calling for temps in the 30's and snow. Minnesota has already played a game in very cold temps and PSU has not. We didn't have heated benches or torpedo heaters against Iowa last year and our players were visibly stiff. I lamented about this last year and I will every year until we change. The only other teams at any level of football not doing this are the ones who can't afford it. Something tells me our players will only be afforded jackets this weekend.

Sorry boys I gotta do it, a warm and loose Wildcat offense runs rampant over the Lee-less and Bowman-less PSU defense, Gophers take it 17-13.

2 Comments:

Rudolf Hersh said...

1) South Carolina is garbage
2) Really? Minnesota winning? HOW? I hope you dump some more in your pants

Peter Lawrence said...

"Penn State has this belief they if they play the most disciplined zone coverage in the history of zone coverage that they will sometimes bend but never break. Marc Sanchez showed otherwise. Penn State's defense reminds me of an old school fighter in mixed martial arts. Everyone in the sport knows you need a little bit of everything, a little wrestling, a little punching, and some submission. Penn State is that guy who still thinks all he needs is boxing."

That paragraph was such a brilliant analysis of Penn State's defensive philosophy. It was dead on. And the Rose Bowl last year was the perfect example of the flaws in Penn State's system. Also love the analogy at the end. Well put, Drew.

Oh and by the way, Notre Dame was pretty darn close to making you look like an even bigger idiot than the one you have already established yourself as on this blog. Jackass.