Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ranty Rant

I thought a few days would calm me down about the game but after re-hashing the game with Travis "T-Bone" Merritts, my anger is renewed. I can't be mad at the boys, most of them anyways. They played hard and despite what the scoreboard showed, really hung with a high-caliber team. So here, in no particular order are things that pissed me off about the game.

1) The Punter. Who is this kid? He has no business playing for Penn State. He gave Alabama great field position several times when the game was still possibly in reach for PSU.

2) The tackling was horrendous. Some of this I will accredit to PSU because tackles were missed on several players. Not just Trent Richardson, who is a freakin beast and would break the attempted tackles of Ray Nitcshke.

3) Turnovers in the red zone. Nuff said.

4) The field goal call in the fourth quarter. Excuse my language but what kind of vagina bullshit call is that? A shutout still counts the same in the loss column as a loss where you scored 3. And that's not me saying this now, four days later. A time stamped text message can prove I instantly hated this decision. Further proving my point, why kick the field goal then try the onside kick? Terrible.

5) The SEC will remain the conference of choice even though they are soft this year and the Big Ten, having some its strongest teams in years, will not garner respect because in the only regular season marquee match up, Penn State gets whipped by Alabama. No one can challenge Alabama in the SEC this year since it looks like the normal powerhouses of Florida, Georgia, and LSU are soft. They will most likely stay number 1 all year and a one loss team out of the Big Ten will get shafted again.

One thing I am not mad about, the hustle on the fumble play by Derek Moye, Brett Bracket, and Robert Bolden. Not sure how I feel about the ref's call but if they punch that in the game is out of our hands a lot earlier.

0 Comments: