Friday, September 16, 2011

Please excuse my absence so far this year. I really have no excuse. The Alabama loss is still sticking with me, particularly after reading Pete's post. I actually went back through and read everyone's notes on the Alabama game last year and it was all the same complaints. Predictable play calling, giving up field position, and having no stones to throw the ball. One particular point of contention was Penn State kicking a field goal from inside the 10 to put the game at 27-3 as opposed to going for it, then had the audacity to try and onside kick. Sound familiar?


Put simply I think McGloin and Boulden are terrible. The Stevie Wonder could have jumped those routes. Moye to the short side of the field and Devon Smith to the wide side on every pass play. Every pass play. Playing defense against Penn State these days almost reminds me of playing Blitz on N64 or something when you know what play the computer is going to run every time. It has just gotten to the point where its laughable.

PSU players regressing is a fact. If we could watch Boulden's first game against whatever sisters of the poor team they played last year I think we would all be physically sick at how much worse he has gotten. I remember for fact marveling at how a freshman was so good at checking down and looking off safeties. Now he has tunnel vision on Moye who has taken over as this year's Brett Bracket. I don't even think you can blame Joe Paterno now because he is clearly not at the helm. So you have to wonder who truly is. Whoever it may be it is clear that our next coach cannot come from within. If its Jay Paterno leading all this then god help us all.

For this week's game I am worried. You are foolish if you aren't. Temple is a program on the rise that has had close games with Penn State and now the Lions walk in to the home stadium of a team with a tremendous chip on their shoulder. I think Penn State wins but in ugly fashion.

0 Comments: