Friday, September 18, 2009

A lot to Prove

I waited until today for my review of the Syracuse game hoping the days would calm me down. They didn't. That was maybe the most underwhelming win I've seen in the past couple years. I can't point to a thing we really did well. So I'm going to throw something out there, brace yourselves... Penn State will lose to Michigan and Ohio State this year.

The O-line is a sieve, the running game is in slow motion, Clark is taking way too many licks, our kicker is weak, and Nathan Stupar is the biggest ballerina to ever start at linebacker for PSU. I really don't like the way things are looking. Sometimes teams can play down to competition and step up when it counts. I hope we can do that.

As for the Big Ten I believe Ohio State playing USC so tough did help us a little but Michigan State didn't do us any favors. I think between OSU, Michigan, and us we can put together a strong bowl finish.

Back to PSU, it is now abundantly clear Clark has no plans of scrambling this year. And Pete, I usually defer to you on most football knowledge but idea of him staying in pocket to avoid hits makes about as much sense as Caddyshack 2. I think he would be much better off moving around and going down or out of bounds on his terms.

This week, the running game HAS to be established. Its been lackluster the first two weeks and we need a 100 yard rusher like Rudy needs a girlfriend. I would also like to see more pressure on the quarterback. Leaving Ron Paulus untouched left me more unsatisfied than 8th grade makeout sessions.

This week presents no real interesting matchups in the rest of college football. I am not sure how Cal is only catching 14.5 against Minnesota when they are scoring more than that tool from Twilight in the front row of a Justin Timberlake concert.

Let's hope the boys put on a show before the Big Ten opener.

1 Comment:

Peter Lawrence said...

1. I need a girlfriend way more than Rudy does.

2. I was just saying that the coaches will not be calling many designed running plays for Clark to limit the amount of hits he takes. When it comes to scrambling on a passing play, that's up to him and he really should do that a little more. I think he will in the big games.

3. I've recently been getting caught up in Curb. I never had HBO before so I hadn't seen a whole lot of it, but I've enjoyed seasons 4 and 5 and I'm looking forward to the new season starting on Sunday.