Friday, November 11, 2011

Nebraska

I'd love to see the team come out and play with all the emotion that has surfaced over this past week and put together a win over Nebraska that would never be forgotten. I Jiust can't imagine the team accomplished much this week at practice, and that has to put them at a pretty big disadvantage. If all of us fans were so impacted by this scandal all week, think about how the players and coaches were affected. There is no way Mike McQueary, Joe Paterno and Jay Paterno were thinking about Nebraska this week. Not to mention, the assignments of the coaches were re-shuffled after Paterno's firing only two nights ago. I think all of these distractions really inhibited the team this week, which would make a win over a good opponent that much more impressive. I really hope it happens, I just don't know that it will.

3 Comments:

J.Albright said...

I am very intriuged by this game on Saturday. I really have no idea what the atmosphere will be like in and around Beaver Stadium. Will it be an eerie, somber tone, much like a funeral, where you are torn between grief and celebration...or will it be straight up fucking nuts?

I will tell say this though...I certainly would not want to be a Nebraska player walking into that stadium Saturday morning. Safety reasons aside, I think you would have to feel a little queasy, like walking into a haunted house. You know nothing is going to happen to you but your mind starts playing tricks on you.

As for Penn State...having the bye week certainly helps here. I think they come out very inspired and, to an extent, pissed off. If there is one program in the country where its head coach can dip out on a Wednesday before a big game and not skip a beat...its Penn State.

The rebuilding process starts Saturday...

Anonymous said...

Enjoy John Steward on Paterno and Penn State.

http://liten.be//0cHIn

Anonymous said...

"Penn State prefers to be losing at half time ... because at Penn State ... they like when you're a little behind in the locker room." -- South Park