Thursday, October 22, 2009

Another Loss to Michigan

I was hoping that the win last year over Michigan would get the monkey of my back and completely end the curse, but it definitely hasn't. Nine straight losses really took its toll on me, and I am having very serious doubts as to whether or not there will ever come a point in my life where I feel comfortable and confident heading into a game against the Wolverines.

Ever since I saw Forcier lead Michigan to a win over Notre Dame, I've been certain that they would beat us. And I know exactly how. It will be a great game, as usual. Back and forth - a lot like 05. Close, low scoring at first, and then opens up in the second half. Just when one team gets some momentum, the other comes back and takes the lead. It will come down to the wire, Forcier will make amazing play after amazing play, and lead the Wolverines to the game winning touchdown with less than 2 minutes to go. All you will hear about is how good Tate Forcier is, and it will be at this moment that he becomes your most hated player. And this is just his first of four wins against Penn State. I'm just hoping that this year's loss won't leave me as depressed as usual, because I already know exaclty what is going to happen.

On paper, Penn State is the better team and should win this game. The Lions have by far the best defense in the Big Ten, and one of the best in the country. And they are not even at full strength. But I've seen much better Nittany Lion teams than this one go into Ann Arbor and lose to much worse Michigan teams than this one. And you have too. And you know it.

Two years ago.. Michigan starts the season losing to APPALACHIAN STATE, then gets demolished by Oregon, both games at home. Both games the defense got absolutely torched all day long. On top of that, they lose their senior quarterback the week before the Penn State game, and are forced to start a true freshman just out of high school in his first ever career start. And they still beat a top 15 Penn State team. Are you kidding me?

The Lions will find a way to lose this game. Michigan has a terrible secondary. Penn State should be able to pass on them all day. But who knows if they will actually take advantage of that or not.

You can ignore me if you want, but don't say I didn't warn you. You will be much less miserable on Saturday night if you just come to terms in advance with the fact that Penn State will lose to Michigan on Saturday.

0 Comments: